Monday, November 26, 2012

Event manager needed


This week was packed with action and events, as I'd expected. All the things that happened could have easily been enough for two weeks. xD I feel a little overwhelmed with all the things. We had a specialized training on Tuesday with President Freestone. We also had interviews with him. Then we had many event in church, with various councils. The problem with being the missionaries assigned to the YSA (Young Single Adults) is that you have to deal with all their activities all the time on top of normal missionary work. xD On Saturday we also had a great service project in church for the YSA where we cleaned up the top floor of the building and got rid of ancient  artifacts (from 2003) and started putting up the wonderful Christmas decoration. It was a fabulous success.
Happy workers!!




Elder Coleman (left) is hard taskmaster. Elder Uhlig (middle) Elder Neville (left)

This week the Lord moved in a great temporal matter on my behalf. Through absentmindedness, I forgot my camera plugged into the computer in the internet cafe. I didn't realize my mistake until the next morning. I think my heart skipped a beat or three when I realized that! We took the time in the morning before the specialized training to pass by the cafe, but it was still closed. So, in the evening we tried again and the camera was gone! We spoke to the guy working there and he said that one man had told him that he'd found a camera but he didn't have the man's number anymore.... ! Great! But he assured us that he'd speak to the man when he came to the cafe again and he'd ask him to call us... I agreed and gave him our number but I had my doubts to the possibility of the guy actually giving back my camera. I prayed long and hard!

Doubts proved to be unfounded and the Lord came through for me. The man called me in the evening and the next day we were able to meet him and he gave back my camera without any fuss! It was awesome! I'm so grateful for the decent people that still exist here! That was a true miracle in my eyes. Especially because the Lord moved on my behalf, despite it being my own fault for having lost the camera in the first place. He is merciful.
Mars Hill (where Paul preached) after getting my camera back

After all these great experiences we also had a nice event concerning the work of preaching the gospel and bringing souls unto salvation. One of our investigators, Sarfraz, passed his baptismal interview on Saturday and we've got a baptism scheduled for him next Saturday! He's from Pakistan and such a great soul! At the end of every lesson we taught him we'd ask him to do something (keep a commandment or study something in the Book of Mormon etc.) and his answer was always one of the two (his English is limited xD): "Why not?" or "I already do that!"

From left to right: Sarfraz, Elder Gibbons (Zone Leader), Stephen (Sarfraz' member friend)

I'm excited for this coming week (with an exchange) and weekend (with a baptism)! This should be great!


Don't forget to leave a comment if you liked this week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment