Monday, November 19, 2012

Baptism!


Sorry for not updating last week. I ran out of time because of circumstances beyond my control. So here goes last week's update:

It was a great week. We had a great time with teaching and helping Canada progress towards baptism. And YES he got baptized and confirmed. (Canada is on the right in the pic and Karim (his friend who baptized him).)
Karim (middle left) baptized Canada (middle right)

We had pretty extreme strikes this week. The way we felt it, was that we didn't have public transport Monday thru Wednesday and no Metro from MOnday to Friday. So we were walking a lot and when the buses where working they were super full because the metro was closed. xD It was a "fun" experience. As far as I can tell, the Greeks didnt' get what they'd striked for so it was all a big waste of time (or so it seems to me right now...).
We had many lessons with some very promising prospects. I mentioned Sarfraz last week. He is progressing finely and he's actually preparing himself for baptism in two weeks. It is great how these people are being prepared by the Lord even before we meet them.
The dynamic duo in Nafplio
We had a great surprise today. Yesterday we got a surprise text to meet at the church this morning and when we arrived we went to Nafplio (Greece's first capital) with President Freestone. It was a wonderful trip even if it is about a 2h drive each way. They had a great (and big) castle from the 16th century. We got to climb up the mountain upon which it was situated. There were 922 steps from the bottom to the top. We climbed them all up AND down. With my luck I managed to injure (lock) my knee on the way up :( But I had two hardy Elders help me up the rest of the steps with one on either side of me. That was pretty cool. (I'm walking again, albeit with a limp.) xD To finish off our day we had a small walk by the seaside. There I managed to tear my jeans when sitting down on some rocks. XD It seems that I was followed by quite a bit of bad luck... Nevertheless, I didn't let it ruin my day! Itwas really great to see some old culture and to see the Greece which ISN'T Athens. It is completely different.


So close to that sea but yet so far...
Don't forget to leave a comment if you like my post...

No comments:

Post a Comment