Monday, October 22, 2012

Soldiers and Dinners





This has been a wonderful and also very eventful week. There is much to tell and not enough space to do so. I would like to share some very beautiful experiences I had with the Lord's influence in the work that we do this week. He does guide this work.. I know that and I've seen it again many times this week.
The guards at Syntagma, we saw them last Monday.

Last Monday evening we had family home evening in church and Karim, a member, who always comes didn't show up until late. So we were wondering what had happened to him. When he turned up he shared a miracle that had happened to him. He had been on his way here when he ran into a man we'd taught together and they started talking on the street for a little bit when the police suddenly showed up. The thing is that Karim has no papers. This meant that he was naturally very nervous. So the police started asking them questions and then seeing Karim's scripture bag they asked him to show it to them. They took out his beautiful new quad he has and when they saw it they seemed impressed and looked at him and said: "you are a good kid, be along your way." Then they just let them go and left as well! I know that was the Lord's influence protecting him so he can have the chance to go on a mission. (He is preparing at this time to go and serve.)


The second one happened last Saturday. We had been planning for next week when the man we were to meet called us and cancelled. At first I thought that is ok, we can just finish up our planning as it was taking pretty long. But then I had the thought, and I'm sure it was a prompting of the Spirit, to call Canada (investigator) and ask him if we can meet before the YSA activity. He agreed and we watched "Finding Faith in Christ" together. That was the exact thing needed at the time for C. We all felt the Spirit very strongly and Elder Uhlig, Karim and I all testified of Jesus' divinity and C. was touched by the Spirit and shared that he felt that Christ was important to his salvation and he agreed to pray specifically for a confirmation to this feeling. It was very powerful, and we only had it because the Lord prompted me to call and arrange an appointment.
The dinner they cooked. 

We also had a great Young Single Adult activity on Saturday. After the previously mentioned lesson. Some of our members are from Pakistan and they did a Pakistan culture night. We learned that Pakistani weddings take three to four days!!!! xD Then we also enjoyed some very delicious food that they'd made for us. It is very similar to Indian. As they were one country only about 60 years ago. (Something I didn't know.) It is a great opportunity that I didn't anticipate when I came to Greece to come to know so many different cultures and people. It opens your horizons and gives you a fuller view of life on this planet. It is truly eye-opening. I'm glad to walk in the footsteps of Paul...
Pervez (member) and I at the activity

I would like to refer you again to General Conference of this month. The messages contained are wonderfully inspiring and they have been speaking to all of us on behalf of our Father in heaven. I would like to suggest one paritcular talk which I loved. I hope you enjoy it!

Ask the Missionaries, They can help you - Elder Nelson


Please comment if you liked....









No comments:

Post a Comment