Monday, June 24, 2013

Training and Siopao

We had an amazingly fast week. I can't believe how it flew past. We had some wonderful great experiences. After our zone trip to the camel park on Monday things went by very quickly and before I knew it we were on our way to zone conference on Friday morning. My last zone conference ever! It is amazing how quickly time flies. The training was great. President Freestone gave a presentation on recognizing the hand of the Lord in our life. He shared an experience he had in his on life, which impressed me greatly. About 30 years ago he was called to be a temple worker in the Chicago temple, which was about a 6h car drive from his home. When he was set apart he was given the promise that if he performed his calling well all of his children would be sealed in the temple one day. Well, he really wanted that promise to be fulfilled and so they Sister Freestone and he gave it their all. Going there once a month for 4 years. Well, most of his children were married in the temple except for one of his sons who never really liked the church. Over the years President Freestone was doubting that it would ever happen until just this Thursday that son was sealed in the temple. President was so happy!  I learned that we need to trust the Lord's timing in this promises. It took 30 years for that promise to President Freestone to be fulfilled but it was fulfilled.

We had an exchange with the Assistants. It was a lot of fun. I was with Elder Matthews and we had a great time working together and teaching people and members that he knew already. Sadly we didn't really have bikes (because the other's used them) and so we had to walk through Larnaca. It was quite the trek. xD

This week the hand of the Lord in my life was on Sunday. After having a lesson at the conclusion of the Sunday meetings we came out to realize that we wouldn't have time to go home and have lunch before I had to be in my interview with President Freestone. So, just at the moment where I came to terms witht he fact that I would be hungry all afternoon Elder Davies gave us two Siopao (Filipino meat buns). It was amazing. Sister Amanda had brought them for us Elders when we'd been in the lesson and now we had lunch at a moment where I thought I'd go hungry. I know that the Lord had His almighty hand in this blessing. I was just grateful that I had something to eat at that moment.

Sadly no pix this week because I'm in a very bad internet cafe...

No comments:

Post a Comment