Monday, June 17, 2013

Swiss night and Camels

Our week was a amazing. We had many great experiences throughout. On Thursday nobody wanted to meet with us so we took the chance of a whole day without appointments to go out to a village to do doorknocking. It was great! We arrived after a long sweaty bike ride and just as we were locking up our bikes a man waved us over from the other side of the street. It was truly the hand of the Lord. Because we were already tired and sweaty and hot. He waved us over and invited us on his front porch. He spoke to us and offered us watermelon and water. It was so kind. A really good elderly man. He even took a Book of Mormon for his wife. I was touched by his kindness. It was just what we needed at that time.

Thursday evening we had our weekly activity night in the branch. This week I did a Swiss culture night. It was really nice. I tried to help everyone understand that Switzerland is the greatest place on earth. I'm not sure if I succeeded but I gave it a good shot. I even had a powerpoint presentation. Can't go wrong with that. I made Roesti for it, which was my first try ever at it. (I learned that it's so easy even I can do it.) My favorite part was showing them a video of Schwingen. They were all quite impressed by this truly Swiss pastime. Also, the Jodeling was amazing to them.. xD It was good fun.

On Saturday we had another miracle. We met with Elder Jensen and Seluhins in Larnaca and did an exchange. I went to Limassol with Elder Seluhins. As we got in the bus we sat in the back and just before the bus departed a African came in with a great big smile and sat down two rows in front of us. After the bus started off he suddenly got up and came to speak to us and asked us if we had one of our magazines. It turned out that he thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses. As we explained his mistake we started speaking and he started asking questions. We offered him a pamphlet to read and he read it diligently during the ride. It was great. We got his number and he said he wanted to meet with us and come to church. He explained that he'd been searching for a long time for answers about life and about the bible. He's read the bible Genesis to Revelations but no one has been able to give him satisfactory answers to his questions about it. We challenged him to ask us one of them and as he asked it I immediately had a scripture come to mind that I'd read earlier in the week in my studies. I shared it with him and explained a little and he felt satisfied with the answer and was very willing to meet again for some more. 
Sister Anderson, me, Sister Watson, Ursula, Amanda

On Sunday I was able to attend church in Limassol. That was a treat. I saw many of the members again and said hi. It was satisfying to hear that they hadn't forgotten me quite yet. xD I really love those people and it is sad that I won't see them for probably a very long time!

This Monday we went to the Camel Park here close to Larnaca with the whole Zone. I rode a camel for the first time I remember. It was quite fun but I don't think I'll start doing it regularly. It is quite a bumpy ride xD We also had fun just looking at the animals and being stupid as missionaries. xD It was great!
I'm off to the Saharan desert...
Me, Jonny the ostrich...

No comments:

Post a Comment