Monday, April 22, 2013

Training and Exchanges


On Tuesday we had our Specialized Training in Greece. It was just as great as in Cyprus. I'm not sure that our presentation went as well as it went in Cyprus but the missionaries couldn't tell the difference. xD We had pizza for lunch from Domino's. No complaints here. xD

We did a lot of this things this week. We had a small exchange with the Elders from Thessaloniki that came down for training. I had a lesson with Harry (recent convert) together with Elder Rahal who baptized Harry. It was a nice treat for both of them. We spoke of the ten commandments and Harry had some great insights. I'm so grateful to be here and be able to learn from all these different people.

We had a great blessing of the hand of the Lord in our life this week. Elder Neville and I went door-knocking after district meeting on Thursday. As we progressed down the road we didn't find anyone who was interested. But then we just a great opportunity where we were blessed in a way that I'd never experienced before. There was a lady walking down the road with some shopping bags in her hand and I asked her if we could help her. She said no. But even as she said so, she was really impressed that we'd offer and was very grateful for the offer and was then curious to know what we were doing. We explained our purpose and our mission and she was very friendly and interested enough to take a Book of Mormon. This was the first time in my mission where an offer to help someone on the street actually had any positive consequences.

On Friday I had an exchange with the Zone Leader here in Athens, Elder Brandenburg (Holland). It was really cool. We did contacting all day except for a small while during the early afternoon where we had a lesson with a member in our area. This member is 84 and he was baptized when he was 78! He's Greek and amazing. He still works as a Physiotherapist. Teaching him is always amusing as he usually just goes on about how great Greece is and the Greek language. I LOVES Greek. xD

During the contacting part of the day we met some highly interesting people. One person bore testimony to us of the orthodox church. It was really cool to see that he actually believed what he said and had studied it out as well. I was impressed. Another cool experience was later where we met a lady and when she heard that we were Mormons she told us that we practiced polygamy. We told her that we didn't. Then she said: "Yes, you do!" We gently repeated that we don't. She insisted and told us that we should check what we believed. We tried to explain that we knew what we believed but she would have none of it. So we changed tracks and told her of the Book or Mormon and testified of it. She took one. XD It was amazing!!!!

On Sunday morning I had a great experience. We put in our newly burned CD with talks on it. The talk that came first was just perfect for me at this time. It was Elder Bednar teaching about prayer and how we can have more personal and powerful prayers. I felt like he was speaking only to me. I'm so grateful for the Lord teaching me through his Apostle in this way. I really needed to hear that talk at this time and I've already worked to apply it in my praying and I've realized that I'd become lax in them somewhat and I'm now able to move back praying as I should and more importantly to praying so I'm truly communicating with my Heavenly Father.

This Monday we went to Delphi. This time the thing was actually open, not like last time. It was absolutely great! I enjoyed every minute of it.  I hope you enjoy some of the pix below.


All the missionaries in Athens.

This is the temple of Apollo

Its the Roman invasion!





No comments:

Post a Comment