Monday, May 13, 2013

Dying Elders and Larnaca


This week has been crazy. In the office time just goes by too quickly! I can't really believe it. I'm in Larnaca now! The city of my birth xD I'm excited to work here and do my very best! I hope to make a difference here. We had transfers today. I'm now with Elder Watts. He's from Sheffield, England. We're gonna have a great time here in Cyprus.

The Lord always influences our lives.
The hand of the Lord in my life was that I got my hope and wish for transfers! I really wished to come to Larnaca. I've always had a great love for this city. I was very sad to leave Larnaca in my first transfer so much earlier than I'd expected. I'd always hoped to return one day and "finish what I began". Well, I'm glad the Lord saw fit to let me have this wish and now I'll make the best of it. My desire is to serve the Lord (and the people who live here) as well as I possibly can. I'm going to give everything I have. I'll go ALL OUT!

Elder Neville has to stay in the office, I am set free! xD
We had the departing missionaries (Elder Rahal, Nicholls, and Brandenburg) with us the last few days. They came in Thursday evening. When we picked them up we went out for dinner with them and Elder Rahal's mother who came to pick him up. We also invited Tasos and Sypros who are the same that I did translation with for General Conference. IT was a great time. I ordered squid and it was delicious. Then we also got these small fish and we ate them whole. Head and tail and everything! It was actually really yummy but somehow everyone else didn't really want to eat them. I wouldn't have believed it if you'd told me two years ago but I really enjoy sea food nowadays. xD

Elder Nicholls, Elder Brandenburg, Elder Rahal
We had a great time with those three Elders. We tried to make the last few days with us as enjoyable as possible. It is sad to see missionaries leave. These are people you've worked with and had a fun with for almost two years and now they leave and you don't know if you'll ever see them again. It is strange. It was also weird to think that I would be the next one to leave after them. I'll be sure to work so as to be ready when the time comes.

On Saturday we had another miracle. Vasilis, a non-member we taught once before, who'd come to church on his own showed up at the mission office for a lesson. That was definitely the Lord's influence in his life. We sat down with him and had a great lesson on the restoration and how the Book of Mormon will bless him. We tried hard to help him discover the truths he needs to know rather than just lecture him. I'm realizing more and more how challenging that really is. It is a lot of work to properly involve your investigator and guide him rather than just throw truth at his face. I'm glad for that training we had and I'm excited to become a better teacher by mastering this technique.


My last time driving as a missionary.



No comments:

Post a Comment