Monday, February 4, 2013

Driving and Korinth


Wow, what a week. This has been crazy. I've been busy, busy, busy, busy.... There hasn't been a calm minute, that I can remember. But we also got to go on a great trip to Korinth.

The temple of Apollo that you can see in your LDS bible.
My term as Assistant to the President started on Tuesday morning with driving the missionaries to the airport to let them fly to Cyprus. Then we picked up one coming down from Thessaloniki. We headed back to the mission office. Only a few short hours later we went back to the airport to pick up the new missionaries coming in from the MTC. They are five new missionaries. They are really great missionaries and speak already amazing Greek. After bringing them back to the mission office we just turned around and went back to the airport to pick up the missionaries coming from Cyprus. Phew, that day with all the transport of missionaries we drove more than 460 km. It was quite amazing...





Then we had training for new missionaries on Wednesday. Elder Jensen and I had to do a 2.5h presentation during that training. We were only companions since Tuesday. We might have been scrambling to get it prepared the morning before we had to do the training. But don't let anyone know xD We managed pretty well, I think. At least we didn't forget anything.

We also managed to teach a bit this week. We met with a new investigator who is Greek American. He is quite interested and also quite talkative. xD We managed to meet him twice and he then came to church on Sunday. That was great. He enjoyed the services and wants to meet more often. I think it was also good to make a bit of an impression on the branch as a new missionary there.

Well, I had a wonderfully simple and nice view of the Lord's hand in my life. This weekend I told Elder Jensen that I'd like to forge good relations with the members in the Halandri branch. So as to strengthen them but also to just help them trust us and help us in missionary work.

In church we had Fast & Testimony meeting and after the first testimony there was silence and I felt that I should get up and take the chance to bear my testimony and introduce myself. So I did and it was nice to do so. I made an concerted effort during the proceedings to speak all the members there and be especially friendly. At the end of the meetings we were invited by the Fam. Karamboulas (Branch Pres. & Wife) and after we'd left the church we got a text message from the Frost (American family working there) family inviting us to dinner. So I guess I made an alright impression on my first Sunday.

I hope that we'll be able to work with these and all the members and help them spread the joy of the gospel. xD

We got to go to Korinth today! That was a great treat. We walked and talked and stood where Paul, the Apostle walked, talked and stood. It was humbling and really awesome! The company was great with all the missionaries and we also enjoyed some wonderful view!

No comments:

Post a Comment